IS MY CHILD ON TRACK?
Ages and Stages Developmental Screenings now available to families in the Roanoke & New River Valleys! Complete a FREE developmental screening specifically for your child (ages birth-5 years old) to learn more about your child's development.
CLICK HERE to use online ASQ Screening tool (for all other age levels birth-5). To get screening results & age-appropriate learning activities for FREE, send the completed ASQ to Smart Beginnings Greater Roanoke at 325 Campbell Ave. SW Roanoke 24016, or you can submit results online via the ASQ Family Access system using this link - We also recomend that you share your completed screening with your child's pediatrician. Questions? Please call us at 540.283.2786.
HOW CAN I HELP MY CHILD?
You are your child’s first teacher. Children thrive in nurturing environments that provide them with opportunities to learn through active play and social interaction. Regular every day activities can provide excellent opportunities to stimulate brain development and promote learning.
Past SBGR Parent Newsletter Articles about Early Learning :
- "Ready for School....Ready for Life!"
- "Dealing With Parenting Challenges"
- "Outdoor Learning"
- "Summertime is Play & Learn Time"
- "Great Books for Summer"
- "Getting Ready for the First Day of Preschool and Kindergarten"
- "Understanding Young Children and Their Behavior"
- Great ideas for teaching the ABCs
- "Great Books for School Readiness"
- "Best Toys for School Readiness"
- "Reading Readiness"